Mission of the Organization Donne-toi Une Chance
- Contribute to social change regarding conjugal and domestic violence by intervening directly with men who are caught in this dynamic;
- Collaborate and contribute to the protection and safety of individuals;
- Contribute to social change regarding male vulnerabilities by intervening directly with men experiencing difficulties;
- Collaborate in social change regarding men’s realities, including acting on the negative impacts of socialization, exposing the vulnerabilities that are often associated with it, and promoting positive models of masculinity (fatherhood, egalitarian relationships, messages conveyed, etc.); and
- Collaborate in the social transformation of conjugal and domestic violence and men’s vulnerabilities, especially through actions related to the development of knowledge, including research and training, as well as promotion-prevention, education, awareness-raising, dialogue and denunciation.
Maison Oxygène Outaouais
The primary mission of Maison Oxygène Outaouais is to encourage the recovery, preservation or consolidation of the father-child relationship by offering accommodation as well as community and psychosocial support to fathers experiencing difficulties and their children.
Fathers can get :
- sole custody of their children;
- shared custody;
- visiting rights; and
- a desire to attempt to re-establish contact.
At Maison Oxygène, the father finds a place to rest and the support he needs to regain control of his life, to make progress in his endeavors and to overcome his difficulties. In collaboration with the caregivers, a personalized stay plan is created and will guide the father in his progress towards achieving his goals. A stay at Maison Oxygène is also an opportunity to dream, to reflect and to start creating a better future for the father and his children.
External follow-ups for fathers who are not sheltered
Maison Oxygène Outaouais also offers fathers from the Outaouais region who do not require accommodation the possibility of participating in various activities as well as external follow-up in the form of individual meetings to support and guide them through the process. All fathers are welcome!